Riders are expected to have recent riding experience, be familiar with and able to operate basic motorcycle controls, and have been actively riding the past two years. Riders must be at least 18 years of age (riders under 18 are required to take the Basic Rider Course).
Riders must be able to bring the protective clothing that is required to each meeting.
Riders must demonstrate competency with basic operational skills during the screening exercises to continue in the course.
If its determined a rider needs additional skills development before proceeding,
the rider shall be referred to the Basic Rider Course.
Registration: Review the schedules on this site, then register using our web registration system.
Course Times: The Basic Rider Course II (BRC II) will meet for an evening and a day. An example wuld be to meet Friday 6:00pm-9:30pm and Saturday 8:00am-5:00pm.
A student must:
- be a current Illinois resident, with a permanent or present address
- be 18 years of age or older (16 and 17 year olds are required to take the BRC)
- have a valid driver’s license or permit (automobile, truck, or motorcycle)
- demonstrate competency with basic operational skills during the screening exercises.
Items Required for the BRC II:
- Protective Clothing
- Helmet- we will provide or you may use your own (DOT approved) ¾ or full-face (must have instructor approval of helmet)
- Sturdy over-the-ankle footwear (not cloth or canvas)
- Long pants- denim of other heavy material
- Gloves- full-fingered, leather or cloth
- Long-sleeved jacket or shirt
- Eye protection- sunglasses, glasses or face shield
- Valid driver’s license or permit (It does not need to be a motorycle lisence or permit, any will do.)