Southern Illinois University at Carbondale Motorcycle Rider Program
Eligibility: You must-
- Currently be an Illinois resident
- Be 16 years of age or older (parental consent required for 16 & 17 year olds)
- Possess a valid drivers license or permit (automobile, truck, or motorcycle).
- For ERC courses, a valid motorcycle license classification is required.
Required Protective Clothing:
Note: These items MUST be brought to every scheduled class period, including the first class.
- Footwear-sturdy and over the ankle (Not cloth or canvas)
- Long Pants-denim or heavy material
- Gloves-full fingered, leather preferred
- Long Sleeved Jacket or Shirt-wrist length of denim or heavy material
- Eye Protection-sunglasses or prescription lenses for your convenience
Registration: Review the schedule of course sites and dates (BRC , IRC or ERC). Copy the registration form at the bottom of this page and print it out on a word processor using a mono-spaced font. Complete the form listing your preference of courses from first choice to sixth. Although we try to accommodate your first choice, some courses fill quickly. Please be sure to list additional choices to insure your enrollment in a course. Please note the three letter site code and the number for each course choice: i.e, SWC #1 ; LCC #7, SIE #16, etc.
Mail the completed registration form with your $20 (per person) deposit of check or money order (no cash please) payable to:
SIUC MOTORCYCLE RIDER PROGRAM
Motorcycle Rider Program
1435 Douglas Drive
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
Carbondale, Illinois 6290l
Registration Confirmation: Once registered, you will receive a confirmation notice in the mail indicating which course you are enrolled in. Then, approximately one week prior to the beginning of your course, we will send specific information to you with a list of items to bring to class and the meeting location.
Transfers and Cancellations: You may contact our office to transfer from one course to another, but you may do so only once without forfeiting you deposit. Transfers or cancellation must be made at least 48 hours before you course is scheduled to begin to be eligible for a refund.Registration Deposit Refund Policy:
- Your refundable $20 registration deposit reserves your place in class. However you must attend the first class session on time to claim your reserved place. We recommend that all students arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. Students not in attendance at the scheduled start time will forfeit their seat and deposit. Standby students will be assigned to unclaimed reserve seats promptly at the posted start time. Deposit refunds will be issued to the students completing the course.
Standby Students: If a course is full, students may register with a standby status which will put them on a waiting list for a particular class. If registered students cancel , do not show up for class, or are late, standby students will be the first to be admitted to the open seats. Standby students are required to attend the first course session in the class to which they are scheduled to be admitted.
Walk-Ins: If the course you wish to take is closed, you may try getting in as a "walk-in". Simply arrive early the first course meeting and give your name to the instructor. If there are openings due to cancellations or no-shows, the instructor will accept walk-ins on a first come--first serve basis. Instructors normally arrive half an hour prior to the start of the course.