BASIC RIDER COURSE ELIGIBILITY
In order to take any of our courses including the BRC, an individual must:
- possess a valid driver's license or permit the day the class begins
- be at least 16 years old
- be either a temporary or permenant Illinois resident
- If under 18 years old, be able to get the signature of a parent or gaurdian on a waiver.
Items Required for the BRC (must be brought to every scheduled class including the first class session):
- Protective Clothing
- Helmet- we will provide or you may use your own (DOT approved) ¾ or full-face (must have instructor approval of helmet)
- Sturdy over-the-ankle footwear (not cloth or canvas)
- Long pants- denim of other heavy material
- Gloves- full-fingered, leather or cloth
- Long- sleeved jacket or shirt
- Eye protection- sunglasses, glasses or face shield
- Valid driver’s license or permit (It does not need to be a motorcycle license or permit, any will do.)
To take a look at course locations and schedules click here.